From Cupsaw Lake Rules & Regulations for ice safety:
• Using the lake when it is frozen is at the member’s own risk.
• The ice should be at least 4 inches thick before use.
• Verify the ice is safe before skating.
• No power augers are permitted on the frozen lake, and all holes must be filled in before leaving.
• No bonfires are allowed on the frozen lake.
• No motorized vehicles of any kind are allowed on the frozen lake.
• You must be a member of CLIA to be on the frozen lake. All guests must be accompanied by a member with a current badge.